Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Awards and Challenges


So much to write about today!

First of all, I want to congratulate Val Hobbs, who found out yesterday that her book Sheep was chosen as this year's California Young Reader Medal winner in the Intermediate category. Yay! Sheep is a great book, Val's a great writer and teacher and I'm so excited for her! (Read more about her in this post from last month.)

I talk a lot about writing novels, but I know quite a few PB writers are out there as well. If you haven't heard of the upcoming NaPiBoWriWee (trust me, I had nothing to do with the name), you should really check out this site. It's a challenge for PB authors to write 7 books in 7 days starting on May 1. Corey, Rena, are you in?

Finally, for any writer who has experienced rejection, here's a post from an editor that you just have to read. How I Read Submissions might ease a little of the sting of rejection that comes with no explanation.

A lot of you have been asking for more details about PPWC, so later today or tomorrow morning I'll be posting about that.

4 comments:

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

oh good editor article

Kelly H-Y said...

Great information! Thanks for the heads-up on the PB challenge!

lisa and laura said...

OOh, great article! Thanks!

Kelly Polark said...

I so love that cover!
I'm going to bite the bullet and do the PB7day deal even though I have a busy week next week. Aaaaahhhh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...