Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Counting Down and Two Awards


I can't believe it's two days away.

I've tried to figure out specifically what I'm so excited about. Much as I'd like to return home with a signed contract in hand, I'm realistic enough to realize that's not going to happen. So what do I expect to happen?

I expect to meet a lot of writers I've only known through the blogosphere.
I expect to get some books signed (hopefully, without being too much of a fan girl!)
I expect to be overwhelmed with information.
I expect to be inspired.

I'm really looking forward to these four days. I'll try to post while I'm there, but I'm making no guarantees. And of course, if I do end up with a contract (ha!) you'll be the first to know =)

----------------------------------

On a completely different note, I was touched and amazed to receive two blogging awards in the last week. Thanks, guys! And since I'm supposed to pass them on, here goes!

The first is the "Humane Award" for blogs that love writers and laughter in equal measures. Thanks, Glam! I'm awarding this to:


Carrie Harris (snarfalicious!)
Lisa and Laura (D-Bag-o-Meter. Nuff said.)
Tess Hilmo (She always makes me smile)
Corey Schwartz (To read her is to love her)
T. Anne (this post had me rolling!)

Pass it on to five more, ladies. Here are the rules (scroll to August 2009.)

The second award is for the "Superior Scribbler." Thanks, Kelly H-Y! I am awarding this one on to:


Elana J (Brilliant writer!)
Casey McCormick (Love those Agent Spotlights!)
Yat-Yee Chong (Always thoughtful and insightful)
Myra McEntire (Funny and honest)
Jolie Stekly (Cuppa Jolie, anyone?)

And here are the rules for this award. Pass it on!

14 comments:

Katie Anderson said...

Sherrie!!! You MUST come find me in LA! I am getting so excited that all my bloggy friends will be there!!!!

lisa and laura said...

Awww! Thanks Sherrie! Is it awful that creating the d-bag-o-meter is one of my proudest moments in the past year? Why yes, yes it is.

Have a fabulous time in LA! Take pictures and tell us EVERYTHING! Good luck pitching agents and editors and all the glamorous publishing folk. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time. And BE fan-girl!

PJ Hoover said...

Great choices!
And you are going to have such a wonderful time in LA! Wish I was there also!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I hope you have a lot of fun! I wish I was going. *sigh*

Tess said...

Aw, shucks! thanks for the thoughtful award :D


Is it the SCBWI conference you are going to? That's an really fantastic one! Have fun!

Casey Something said...

Oh, thanks for the award, Sherrie!

I hope you have an amazing time at the conference. From what I gather, you'll definitely come out inspired!

Can't wait to hear about your experience!

Suzanne Casamento said...

Have a great time! Wish I was going this year - I'd love to meet you in person! Enjoy and please blog about your experiences. : )

Rena Jones said...

Have fun and congrats on your awards!

Beth Kephart said...

Deepest peace and happiness to you — and success. Look for a dear friend of mine, Elizabeth Mosier. I told her to look for you.

xo

b

Kelly H-Y said...

Have a FABULOUS time at the conference!!!

Myra McEntire said...

Oh yay! Thanks for the award!!!! And have soooooo much fun in LA, the midsouth RA will be there, Tracy Barrett, she's amazing. Enjoy, and BLOG IT. A LOT!!!

Yat-Yee said...

Thanks for the award, Sherrie! Have a fabulous time in LA. Wish I weren't...;)

Carrie Harris said...

You = such a sweetheart.

HAVE FUN!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...