Wednesday, November 3, 2010

And the Winners Are...

New words written: 1209
Total words written: 7231

So my word count for the first two days of NaNo is not very high, but I will say that I'm very happy with what I've written. Since I had a bit of a head start on this novel, I don't feel pressured to write junk just to build up my word count and that's a good thing.

Today when I was writing, I had a hard time visualizing the room where the scene took place. So I spent about an hour looking at pictures on the internet and then drawing the basic layout of my room. It might sound like a big waste of time, but it helped me tremendously to map it out like that, even though it did slow me down.

Obviously I will have to pick up the pace if I want to "win," but truth be told, that's not my goal. I've never won NaNo, but I do get a lot more written in November when I participate.

Now to the news you're really looking for -- who won the Something Old, Something New ARCs?

I used ClassTools.net because 1) it's free and 2) how cool is it to have the winning names show up on a slot machine? :-)


The winner of the Beautiful Creatures ARC is:



Congratulations, Riv! Drop me a note at solvangsherrie at gmail dot com to let me know your mailing address and I'll get the book out for you.

The winner of the Nightshade ARC is:



Congratulations, Krispy! Send your snail mail address to solvangsherrie at gmail dot com and I will send this out to you.

15 comments:

lotusgirl said...

Congrats to the winners.

Stina said...

I've yet to figure out this whole "winning" thing with NaNo. What, you get a prize for writing 50,000 words on a new wip?

I do the same thing as you Sherrie when it comes to settings. It might sound like a waste of time but it isn't. Everything we do is important, even if it's not writing words on our wip.

Laura Pauling said...

Congrats to the winners! I'd much rather get good word count in than just word count! I think you've got the right idea.

Christine Fonseca said...

Congrats to the winners and Dude...nice word count!

Kristan said...

I'm taking the same approach to NaNo as you, but my new word count is only 79, lol. Total word count is 9980 or something like that, though, so like you, I have some wiggle room.

Oh, and photos/sketching are TOTALLY helpful. At least to visual people like me. :)

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss sherrie! wow youre doing really good on that nano thing. i didnt know it was a contest. maybe thats not so good cause it could make you do just words and not a lot of meaning. im just glad youre happy with what you got done so far. hooray for miss riv and miss krispy for winning those books. that slot machine way of doing it is soooo cool. if i ever do a contest im gonna use that way of doing it. have a realy fun day!
...hugs from lenny

Kelly Polark said...

Your word count is fabulous, and yes, if you write more words than you would have without nano you do win after all!
Congrats to the winners!

Krispy said...

I've never "won" NaNo either, but it's totally true that I get SO MUCH more writing done. I'm mostly in it for the fun and extra motivation. Cool thing is createspace offers free proof copies of a project of your choice if you "win." We used Alz's win to make a "book" for a friend's Christmas gift one year.

And THANK YOU!!! I will email you shortly! :D :D :D

C.R. Evers said...

Congrats to the winners!

BTW I luv, luv, luv the little jackpot pictures! I may have to use that some time. :0)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're doing a fine job with NaNo. Glad you're enjoying your story. Good luck!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Hurray for your word count! Hurray for the winners! :-)

Riv Re said...

Yay! Thanks so much! You make me smile! Congrats to Krispy!

Good job on the word count so far! It's definitely more than I have so far :(. Good luck!
The drawing thing is SUCH a good idea! I might try that!

Happy NaNoing!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Congrats to the winners!
And I admire all of you who are doing NaNo this year.

Carolyn V. said...

Yay winners!!! Word count rocks. I need more word count, but NaNo is not in my schedule this year until I get that schooling done. *sigh*

Marieke said...

Congrats to the winners! And way to go on the word count already! I'm so behind on my own target... life just keeps getting in the way this week! *lol*

Also, you may want to have a look at my newest blog post. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...