Monday, June 6, 2011

Entering the H.I.V.E.

I first heard about this book during a session with editors at the SCBWI conference last summer. I knew right away I wanted to read it.


Hogwarts may be for students who display a talent for magic. Kids who have a knack for evil wind up at HIVE, the Higher Institute of Villainous Education. Hidden inside a volcano on a deserted island, students take classes like Villainy Studies and Stealth and Evasion 101, all designed to turn them into supervillains. 

But nobody chooses to attend HIVE. They are kidnapped and brought there, sometimes with their parents' consent, sometimes not. And leaving is not an option. So can a group of students plan an escape and actually make it out?


Full of action, suspense, an epic battle and a giant carnivorous plant, HIVE is a promising start to an adventurous series. Book 6 in the series came out last September so can you guess what we'll be reading all this summer?


Find out more about the books on the HIVE website: http://www.hivehub.co.uk/#/home


Looking for more good middle grade books? Check out these bloggers:
Shannon Whitney Messenger
Shannon O'Donnell
Joanne Fritz
Myrna Foster
Brooke Favero
Anita Laydon Miller
Deb Marshall
Barbara Watson
Michael Gilmartin

19 comments:

Laura Pauling said...

Amazing how there can be 6 books in a series and I hadn't heard of it. Sounds exciting though!

S.A. Larsenッ said...

I've heard of this. Sounds like a great read and what better time than the summer! Thanks.

Unknown said...

I've never heard of these books but they sound like something I should have on my hands now. What a unique concept and something tells me it's going to be executed just right ;) Thanks for making my TBR pile even bigger! Without bloggers I'd never have the inside scoop!

Stina said...

I've never heard of this series, but I can guarantee one of my kids would love it. Thanks, Sherrie, for telling us about it. :D

Kristan said...

Omg this sounds awesome!!! Like, that is the most genuinely intriguing/appealing hook I've read in a while. Thanks for the heads-up!

Barbara Watson said...

Oooo! What a premise! We'll look into these. Thank you.

Myrna Foster said...

Thanks for the recommendation! This looks like a series we'd love.

Unknown said...

That is a hilarious premise. I hadn't heard of them. Thanks for the review!

MG Higgins said...

I haven't heard of this series, either. Glad you brought it to my attention! I'm going to see if our library has it.

Becky Levine said...

Oh, I think we need to check out this series.

bfav said...

This is a perfect book for me... and my kids, I guess they can read it too. Love it.

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

Oohh, awesome! We're lining up the summer reading too... :)

Krispy said...

Ooh, sounds fun! I love that there's 6 books out. Means less waiting. Thanks!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I've never heard of HIVE, but it sounds great! I'll have to order a copy. Thanks for sharing, Sherrie!

Unknown said...

This series is fantastic. I've read the first three and am hunting for the rest.

Tiana Smith said...

Sounds like a great book, though I'll admit that the cover doesn't really grab my attention. The premise is really interesting though!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Okay, I must go buy this RIGHT NOW! :-)

Kelly H-Y said...

Wow, that sounds like quite a great read!!

Anonymous said...

Great recommendation, Sherrie. Thanks!

~Amanda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...