Sunday, March 8, 2009

HAPPY!HAPPY!HAPPY!


I'm so excited I can barely contain myself!

And it's not a big deal really in the whole scheme of things, but still, it was really exciting to hear...

I got a call this afternoon from a fabulous woman named Dawn (my new BFF). She said she was calling from the Pikes Peak Writer's Conference to let me know that my MG manuscript, Secret of Undine, won 3rd Place in this year's Writing Contest.

OHMIGOSH!!!

I couldn't even process half of what she said to me. She told me there is a small prize. She asked if I plan to attend the conference in April. I've spent so much time trying not to think about it that I was at a loss for words!

I mailed the manuscript back in October, then tried to forget about it. Then in November I sent the same manuscript to an editor in New York who had asked to see it after I queried her. Again I tried to forget about it.

And now...now I can't think of anything else!! They like me! They really like me!!

Yay!

19 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

WHOO HOO!!! This is totally exciting! Congratulations. This is huge!

Sherrie Petersen said...

Thanks, PJ! I'm so giddy!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! And it IS a big thing in the scheme of htings--it's fantastic! Afre you going?????!!!!!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Sherrie, CONGRATS! That is so awesome! Keep us posted on the conference and if you'll be going. I'm bouncing up and down for you. I love news like this. *GRINS*

Patty Palmer said...

Again, nicely done, Sherrie!

Vivian Mahoney said...

Sherrie! This is fantastic news! Congratulations! Your hard work is paying off.

Beth Kephart said...

Well, I like you too, and i just met you! Congratulations!

Kelly Polark said...

Congrats Sherrie! That is AWESOME news! This is big!

Sherrie Petersen said...

Becky -- Thanks! I think I will be going...

Glam -- Thanks -- I'll let you know for sure...

Patty -- Thank you!

Vivian -- Thanks! It has been a three year work in progress on this book...

Beth -- Thanks, I like you too!!

Kelly -- It is big! I'm so excited!

Anonymous said...

Whooo HOOOO!!!!!! Cheers :)

Kim Baise said...

Yay!!! Sherrie, that's WONDERFUL! Congratulations....and this is just the beginning!!!!

Corey Schwartz said...

Sherrie, That is AWESOME! So happy for you!

Kelly H-Y said...

YAY!!!!!!! I'm so thrilled for you ... that is awesome!!! Congratulations!

Suzanne Casamento said...

Oh Sherrie! I'm SO happy for you! That's the best feeling on the planet! Your joy is infectious. I'll be smiling for you all night. : )

Barrie said...

What a wonderful phone call! CONGRATULATIONS!

Sherrie Petersen said...

Meredith -- Thanks!

Kim -- I hope it IS the beginning...

Corey and Kelly -- Thank you! Thank you!

Suzanne -- It is the best :^)

Barrie -- I'm treating my phone differently now :^)

C.R. Evers said...

YaY! Congratulations! That's awesome! Way to go!

Christy

Sarah Laurenson said...

That's fantastic!!!! You go, girl! And keep going!

Kimberley Troutte said...

I am so excited for you. this is a tremendous achievement. Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...