Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm a Loser, Baby!


National Novel Writer’s Month is officially over and I am officially a loser. But only in one sense.

Even though I didn’t write a 50,000 word novel, I do have almost 10,000 words written in my book. For a middle grade novel, that’s almost halfway! And when you consider all the words written in my outlining and notes, heck, if I could count all my blogging and commenting, I might be closer to 12K!

The point is, even though I didn’t “win” according to the NaNo rules, I feel like I accomplished a lot of writing this month. I made headway on three different stories and I really worked at it. I’m proud of what I’ve done this month. And that’s kind of the point.

Now if someone could just come up with a National Sign an Author Month, or a National Strike a Deal Month…

10 comments:

Corey Schwartz said...

Good for you! I think that is a GREAT accomplishment :)

Sherrie Petersen said...

Thanks, I'm actually happy about losing for once!

Michele Thornton said...

That's totally the point! Congrats on making such great progress.

Sherrie Petersen said...

Thanks, Michele!

Kelly Polark said...

That is so true! 10,000 is a heck of a lot of words! (Many more than I wrote last month!)Congrats!
Now I want to get in on the Sign a New Author Month!

Sherrie Petersen said...

Me too! Me too!

Sarah Laurenson said...

Oh. Sign a new author month

Where do I get in on that?

Sherrie Petersen said...

I'll let you know when I find it!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

You did great, anyway! I won NaNo, but barely. And it's one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Congrats on a great start!

Sherrie Petersen said...

Thanks...and congratulations on winning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...