Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Why Ninja Zombies Rule


I've been following Carrie Harris for a long time, from back in the days when Twilight parodies and Slayer (of Bees) stories debuted, people at the gym freaked us all out and Richard Simmons made regular appearances on her not quite so fancy blog. I still have emails from when she got her book deal and the fabulous prizes she sent after I zombified her two years ago.


But nothing could have prepared me for the awesomeness that is The Night of the Giving Dead. Not only is this woman funny, she's generous too.

To celebrate the release of her debut YA novel, Bad Taste in Boys, Carrie is hosting an auction to benefit the Giving Library at the University of Michigan Mott Children’s Hospital, a hospital that serves about 70,000 kids. Yeah, totally worthy recipient, right?

Here are just a few of the items you can bid on:

(Just, y' know, don't outbid me on the items I've bid on...pretty please! ;P)

But check out the grand prize drawings:
  1. A Kindle preloaded with Bad Taste in Boys  OR
  2. A 6-month mentorship with Carrie herself
Even if you've already been to The Night of the Giving Dead, check it out again. New items are added as they come in so the lists keep growing.

Help sick kids, get cool stuff -- it's a win-win for sure. The auction only runs through July 25 so make sure you make your bids before time runs out.

And just so you know, tomorrow night while Carrie vicariously attends the midnight showing of Harry Potter with me, I'll be catching my zzzz's through her. We're part of the Order of the Blog Ninjas. We can do things like that :D

13 comments:

Laura Pauling said...

Ooh, scary pictures! And what a great idea to celebrate the release of her book!

Stina said...

That is an awesome way to celebrate the launch of her book. I'm go have to check it out. :D

Matthew MacNish said...

Zombification makes Ninja 10x cooler. And vice-versa, too.

Kristan said...

Wow, that's awesome!!

And the mentorship is a very cool gift. I think a lot about how I want to mentor young writers in the future. Never thought about auctioning that kind of thing off, but it's a nifty idea!

Anita said...

Such wonderful prizes!!! Will give this some thought, fer sure. Thanks for sharing, Sherrie.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome way to celebrate the debut of her YA novel. The prizes sound great. Cool pics.

Krispy said...

That is a VERY COOL way of celebrating her book release. Go her!

(And yay! I'll be at an HP midnight screening too!)

Carrie Harris said...

Someday, we will meet, and the first round of whatever we are drinking will be on ME.

Sherrie Petersen said...

I look forward to that day, Carrie!!

Kelly Polark said...

That is such a wonderful way to celebrate a book release!
I cannot wait to read Carrie's book!

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

Awesome! Best of luck to Carrie! She sounds like an amazing person.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Wow, it sounds like a wonderful event! Good luck, Sherrie!

Anonymous said...

I'll be done with Bad Taste in a few days and I'm loving it. I'll check out her auction link.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...