Friday, May 22, 2009

Poem for a Friday


I don't usually write poetry. But I read "Because I Am Furniture" last week (amazing book!) and then Laura Salas sent out this 15 word poetry challenge. I thought about the amazing circumhorizontal arc I saw on Monday (thanks for the name, Maggie!) and this just came to me.

Now be gentle. I don't claim to be a great poet. But sometimes it's fun to try something different, to challenge yourself to write in a way you're not used to. This is posted on Laura's site along with a lot of other (better!) poems.

Rainbow
Wisps of color
Trick of light
Something so simple, so ordinary
Brings hope and smiles


What can YOU say in 15 words or less?

8 comments:

Merc said...

Er, do Twitter-length horror stories count? O:) I don't do poetry. But 140 character length horror I can do... in theory. ;)

~Merc

Anonymous said...

I saw your poem there this week! Aren't Laura's 15-word poems a great way to dip in?

Sherrie Petersen said...

Merc - Horror in 140 characters? That's impressive!

Becky - I saw your poem, too! Yeah, I figured 15 words wouldn't kill me. It's a good way to ease in :^)

Sarah Laurenson said...

How about - wonderful. Loved this. Well done!

Corey Schwartz said...

OH, so sweet :)

I'll have to give one a try.

Rena Jones said...

Very nice!

Sherrie Petersen said...

Sarah, Cory, Rena - Thanks! You should give it a try :^)

Kelly Polark said...

I love Laura Purdie Salas's photo poetry. I participate when I have the time!
Wonderful job, Sherrie!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...